Kitchen and Bath Design Trends: What’s New
As everyone settles into the new year, many homeowners are considering renovations and redesigns. During the planning stages, it’s helpful to know the current kitchen and bath design trends in the industry. We’re not all interior designers so for most people, it’s helpful to get a little inspiration from magazines, Pinterest, blogs and the designers at Braemar. And while your goal may not be to keep up with the Joneses, it’s always nice to wow visitors and family when they come over for a visit.
To help you plan your renovation or home redesign, we’ve combined our knowledge with current trends to offer you helpful design tips
- Are you stick of chocolate brown and taupe? The new versatile color is gray. All shades of gray are in this year so pick a shade you like and run with it.
- Black, white and organic hues are also in. Decor with these colors are heavily trending on Pinterest. These colors are simultaneously calming and trendy. Black and white together is classic and white alone is serene and polished. Earthy hues promote a sense of well-being and comfort.
- While milder tones are hot at this moment, vivid colors are on the horizon, so if you are feeling in your gut to embrace big and bright, go for it, but if you want to follow the trends, stick to these simplistically beautiful colors.
- Funky, geometric tiles are in right now. Imagine clean white or slate gray walls in the bathroom or kitchen with funky geometric tiled floors.
- Reclaimed hardwood is in for a couple of reasons. Not only is it beautiful, but it’s Eco-friendly. Many folks are reclaiming wood from barns, abandoned stores and old homes to add a timeless beauty to their homes.
- Unique, off-beat flooring is also in this season. Think of bamboo and cork, among others.
- Carpet is still desirable. Manufactures nationwide are developing carpets that are more green and Eco-friendly than ever. The current favorite is a broad genre called cut-and-loop which creates a sculpted pattern look.
- While small geometric tiles are in, especially for bathroom floors, counter tops and back splash, large-scale tiles are also trending. The 12×12 size and even larger are becoming more and more popular. These large tiles create a look similar to concrete.
Accessories and Accents
- Embracing artisan items is huge this year (and hopefully for years to come). Whether locally-made or globally-crafted, items made with love and creativity are very popular right now. Suggested items are basketry, woven wall hangings and rugs. One or two amazing artisan pieces can bring a room a life.
- Bright splashes of colors and funky shapes in throw pillows and paintings are in. Think of sleek walls of gray or white with fun and bright colors throughout the room via accessories.
- Metals and metallic items are also hot for 2016. Wallpaper adorned with gold and silver or metal furniture and accessories would excite a room significantly. Think 1950s and 1970s retro.
One trend that permeates all facets of a home is ‘sustainability’. More than ever manufacturers and homeowners are purchasing, utilizing and decorating with items and pieces that are from the earth or for the earth. This trend has been growing over the past decade and continues to do so.
Are you excited about your home renovation now? If you’re ready to get started, call Braemar today. Our principal designers will guide you every step of the way with the final destination being the home or room you’ve always dreamed of.